VP of Marketing
Invoke is searching for an exceptional VP to help the company scale in a period of dynamic growth. This position is critical for the expansion of our business, particularly in the entertainment and technology sectors. This executive will lead the execution of our digital marketing, social media, and advertising efforts. To drive revenue growth, the VP of Marketing will take the lead on refining and executing Invoke’s digital marketing strategy, including social media, SEO, SEM, digital advertising, analytics, and creative design. The VP will also take the lead in operational decisions and procedures to maximize revenue growth.
This is a senior leadership position that can lead to a C-level position for the right candidate. If you are a killer business executive with a record of implementing successful marketing programs in high growth companies, this is a lucrative opportunity for you to help the company grow to $50 million in the next few years.
Invoke empowers companies to make same-day, audience-guided decisions. Traditional program testing involves intercepting people at a mall and bringing them to a theater to view a video. A dozen of those viewers are paid to participate in a single focus group session. Likewise, traditional qualitative methods for ad/product/package testing also have small sample sizes. Invoke is revolutionizing the industry by offering a technology-driven solution that delivers deep, qualitative insights at large, quantitative scale.
This enables studios and global consumer brands to test more, test faster, and test better. Because we are a digital testing solution with a digital dial, we provide our clients with meta data and custom metrics in addition to qual and quant insights. And because our platform can translate from 19 languages in real time, we can target large, specific audiences around the world. We are the money ball of concept testing.
The purpose of the role is to focus on maximizing Invoke’s presence in the marketplace, creating a pipeline of qualified leads, and supporting our sales team to expand our client base. To make that happen, you’ll need to manage a small team and roll up your sleeves and be a doer as well.
Commercial and Operational Leadership
This VP will be a partner to the CEO, someone that will be instrumental in driving growth for the company while ensuring operational procedures are followed. The person will be a member of the senior management team. Experience with account based marketing is a plus.
- Support the business development process; own the process for developing marketing generated leads and turning them over to the sales team.
- Leads the development of credentials and pitches for clients, collaboratively developing the messaging and creative concepts.
- Work with the CFO and CEO to ensure revenue optimization and account profitability.
- Ensure financial and operating procedures are followed and properly executed.
- Ensure the company maintains up to date knowledge of our clients, our clients’ industries, and our competitors.
- Drive the strategy, implementation, and measurement for all marketing activities, online (e.g., inbound marketing sites, landing pages, etc.) and offline (e.g., mail campaigns, conferences).
- Be the subject matter expert on marketing automation tools.
- Leverage a variety of data sources to derive actionable insights about website experience, web user behavior, conversion rates, down funnel sales success.
- Lead conversion rate optimization, working with key stakeholders in sales, client delivery, and technology teams.
- Own the optimization and reporting of MQLs.
Highly commercial with long-term strategic vision, you have experience building and running teams. You’ve been a key employee at a small company and directly helped that company grow. Your business network is strong and you have an impressive track record of developing qualified leads that led the sales team to winning major accounts and growing existing clients. You are an outstanding leader with the skills and aptitude to structure, develop, and motivate a strong cross-functional team. You are comfortable presenting to C-suite executives as well as providing account support to clients.
You have a depth of experience in digital marketing, including organic and paid social media, SEO, influencer outreach, analytics, research, and creative services. You have experience managing P&L, staffing, and resources. Experience in PR and content marketing/data-driven storytelling is a huge plus. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply it to growing a business.
- 10+ years marketing leadership experience.
- High-growth small company experience a must, preferably in technology or consumer insights.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and driving revenue growth; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience, and judgement.
- Experience integrating digital marketing with PR, content marketing, and other general marketing activities.
- Ability to manage and lead ambitious people while being a collaborative team builder.
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to project manage, multi-task, and solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in digital marketing, B2B sales process, paid search, social media advertising.
- Experience with Excel and Google Analytics. Google Analytics certification a plus.
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization, landing page optimization, and SEO techniques.
- Expertise with marketing automation.
- Experience learning and discussing concepts related to market research and consumer insights.
- Passion for emerging web marketing and technology trends.
Invoke’s culture is all about results, responsibility, and high performance. Our solutions enable our clients to have immediate results to make faster decisions and increase company performance. We hold ourselves to the same standards. We have a phenomenal team that is very focused on achieving results. Everyone goes the extra mile to ensure our clients are more than satisfied; they are enthusiastic.
At the same time, we have fun. We are a close-knit team. We’re in this together. We care deeply about each other and always have each other’s back. Each individual will go to endless lengths to support another team member. If you are an A player then you will thrive here and you will have loads of fun.
We are a growing technology company and we like to hire people who can grow with us. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization at the cusp of reinventing the market research industry.
We also have lots of perks – snacks, pet-friendly office, flexible workdays, to name a few.
Contact us to apply for this position.